1. The Second Amendment (The 2A):
a. Acknowledges a pre-existing right to self defense and to own arms
b. Is a guarantee that the government shall not infringe (restrict) your right to keep and bear
c. Ensures that you may keep and bear the arms that you choose
d. Is a check against tyranny
e. All the above
2. In the 2A, the word "arms" refers to
a. Only flintlock muskets, because that's what they used back then
b. Atomic weapons and thermonuclear missiles
c. Personally-owned arms that are in “common use” in the era in which you live
d. None of the above
4. In the 2A, the militia is:
a. The National Guard
b. The Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard)
c. Bearded, camouflage-attired, anti-government types in rural areas
d. The whole people, except for a few public officials
5. In the era that the 2A was written, "well regulated" meant:
a. Under strict government control or authority
b. Well trained or well ordered
c. No way to tell, as there are no audio recordings from that era
d. It means whatever a politician or a court says it means today
6. "The People" as used in the 2A has a different meaning than "the people" used in the other amendments in the Bill of Rights.
7. In the 2A, the “right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means:
a. The government can arbitrarily decide what types of guns you may possess
b. The government may NOT enact laws which restrict your RKBA
c. The government can make laws forbidding the possession of any or all weapons for
what they might deem as "public safety."
d. It means whatever a lawmaker or court says that it means
8. In debating the 2A, the framers had to overcome strong objections from the gun control lobby.
9. The right to keep and bear arms (RKBA):
a. Is a vague "collective” right of the states to have a state militia like the Nat’l Guard
b. Is an individual right, just like all the others listed in the Bill of Rights
c. Refers only to possession of muskets, in case the British should invade us again
d. Means that only the police and military may possess guns
10. So-called "common sense" gun laws:
a. Are necessary today because people are more dim-witted now than in the past
b. Are needed because criminals are meaner now than ever before
c. Save lives. If they save just one life, we should have such laws
d. Is a misleading term coined by anti-gun politicians. Such laws hurt peaceable law-abiding
citizens, and do nothing to stop criminals.
11. In the 2A a "free State" refers to:
a. A free country (free of tyranny and despotism)
b. A colony that became a state where there were no laws
c. A state that has no income tax
d. Whatever a politician or court says it means today
12. Our founding fathers wanted every free man to be armed.
13. The 2A can be suspended during a declared state of emergency (fire, flood, riot, etc) by a State Governor.
14. Possession of modern firearms like the AR-15 are not protected by the 2A.
15. Requiring permits, fees, or licenses to own a gun are not infringements on the 2A.
16. Ammunition restrictions are not an infringement on your 2A right.
17. The requirement of a psychological evaluation in order to buy a gun is not an infringement on your 2A right to keep and bear arms.
18. The 2A is a quant relic of the past, and there’s no need for it now.
19. The 2A is part of what document?
a. The Federalist papers
b. The Articles of Confederation
c. The Bill of Rights
d. None of the above
20. When was the 2A ratified?
d. It was never officially ratified and is still being debated
21. The 2A only applies to a “militia” and not to individuals.
22. In what century was the first federal gun control law passed?
a. 18th century
b. 19th century
c. 20th century
d. 21st century
23. Which 1939 U.S. Supreme Court case led to a collective rights approach to the Second Amendment by the court?
a. United States v. Miller
b. District of Columbia v. Heller
c. McDonald v. City of Chicago
d. Smith v. Jones
24. Which U.S. Supreme Court case signified a change in philosophy, away from the 1939 US v. Miller case, as regarding the Second Amendment?
a. McDonald v. City of Chicago
b. United States v. Ferguson
c. District of Columbia v. Heller
d. Nelson v. City of Orlando
25. The District of Columbia v. Heller case of 2008 overturned a ban on what?
a. assault rifles
d. all the above
26. Which is the correct text of the Second Amendment?
a. “I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands.”
b. “It's better to have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it.”
c. “The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”
d. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”
27. A U.S. President has the authority to overturn the 2A and to ban guns.
28. The U.S. Congress has the authority to overturn the 2A and to ban guns.
29. The U.S. Supreme Court has the authority to overturn the 2A and to ban guns.
30. When only the police & military have guns, a society is safer.
Please send your answers to John at firstname.lastname@example.org
A 100% perfect score entitles you to:
- A $10 discount in our NV CCW Initial (8-hour) course or
- A $5 discount in our NV CCW Renewal (4-hour) class.
You must take the class within 6 months of submitting your 100% correct entry.
Click here for our class calendar.
Discounts cannot be combined with other offers. Other restrictions may apply.
Thank you for our support of our gun rights. Be sure to support pro-gun candidates in local, state and federal elections. Never let them take your guns!
Please also support your state and/or national gun rights organizations. Here is a list.
We believe that the 2nd Amendment was adopted by our Founders in order to guarantee
a way of protection for one’s self, family, and country against the dangers of a broken world.
At Semper Firearms Training we encourage you to buy a good firearm, get trained in how to use it, and continue your firearms training for life. Be a sheepdog in world full of wolves.
Please be sure to watch these two important videos and to send the links on to a friend:
- Good Guys With Guns: http://www.good-guys.us/premiere/
- Innocents Betrayed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0Xi8no6us
Images courtesy of Oleg Volk
Semper Firearms Training
9 am to 7 pm Seven Days a Week