When people today hear the word “profiling,” many assume that it refers to the unjust act of suspecting or targeting a person of a certain race based on a stereotype about their race, rather than on individual suspicion.
Predictive profiling is not that at all. This is a fascinating science which focuses on how to detect suspicious individuals and situations, and to think from the adversary’s point of view.
Chameleon Associates now offers a course to the public in which you can learn the step-by-step threat assessment process in the context of the criminal or terrorist methods of operation. The course is 1 to 1.5 hours long.
Outside of law enforcement or the security industry, how would this knowledge be useful for the average citizen? There are many benefits to possessing this knowledge in your duly life. You can:
- Learn what makes someone or something suspicious
- Learn how to identifying criminals and terrorists in the planning stages of the attack
- Learn how to deal with a suspicious object
- Learn the difference between odd and suspicious
- Learn the difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause
Knowledge is power. Any time we can gain useful knowledge, it is beneficial to our well-being.
At Semper Firearms Training we encourage you to buy a good firearm, get trained in how to use it, get a Nevada CCW permit, and continue your firearms training as part of a defensive lifestyle.